Of all the skin problems under the sun, acne is one of the most widespread and the most annoying. Accordingly, many have searched far and wide for a skincare routine that will finally provide relief from the hassle of breakouts. At California Pure Naturals, we believe there's a better way to be beautiful, and give your skin what it needs to be healthy the way nature intended. If you’re in a long-term battle with acne, we're here to offer some guidance on how to restore healthy, beautiful skin.
Skincare Steps to Fight Acne
Unfortunately, much of what determines if we get acne or not is genetics – but there are steps we can take to beat it back. The mechanical cause of breakouts usually comes from excess oils and dirt on the skin that clog pores and create pimples, so any good acne skincare regimen should focus on clearing away excess oil without drying the skin. And while there are many products and specific techniques for this, the best skincare routine for acne consists of 5 basic steps:
- Cleanse: First, start with a gentle cleanser like our Revitalizing Cleansing Gel that can clean off dirt and lift away oils from the facial skin. Cleanse thoroughly but gently, using only the pads of your fingers to gently cleanse your face.
- Tone: Next, apply an astringent or toner to the skin to remove more excess oil and fight blackheads. You'll want to be careful not to use anything too harsh to avoid drying out your skin, so our gentle Clarifying Toner is a great choice.
- Treat: With the skin thoroughly cleansed of dirt, oil, and pollution, you may also want to apply treatment for the acne itself. This may be something prescribed by your doctor or an over-the-counter acne cream.
- Moisturize: Finally, you'll need to finish up by applying an oil-free moisturizer to rehydrate the skin without adding excess oil back. Our Oil-Free Hydrator will do the trick just fine.
- Protect: Finally, don't forget to further protect yourself by applying a light sunscreen to your face at the beginning of each day. Sun exposure can trigger breakouts, so a light, low-oil-content sunscreen like our Radiance CC Cream (SPF 30) offers another layer of protection.
Order Our Natural Skincare Acne Products Online
While it's always a good idea to tweak your skincare regimen to suit your unique needs, following this framework is a great way to counter acne and achieve the clear, healthy skin you've been longing for. Get a jump on healthier skin by ordering our products online today, and if you have any questions you want answered, feel free to reach out to us at our contact page. We can't wait to hear from you, and we're excited to help you get the healthy skin you deserve – naturally!