Skin Care Routine: Age – 40's
Changing Skin Needs Call for New Care Routine
By the time you turn 40, you likely will have noticed changes in your skin. While acne and hormone-related pigment issues typically have subsided, you face new problems that include dullness, dryness and the beginning of fine lines and wrinkles. As your skin changes, your needs change too, and the best skincare routine for the 40s is one that addresses those changes. The skin-care experts at California Pure Naturals have designed a daily routine using our finest-quality products to help maintain your skin’s vitality.
Caring for Your Skin on a Daily Basis
As we grow older, the collagen and elastin in our skin begin to break down. We also face reduced oil production and loss of subsurface fat that makes wrinkles more visible. Even those who have been blessed with great skin will feel and see the need for added skin care by the time they reach their 40s, if not sooner. By sticking to the daily routine below, which includes some of the best skin care products for 40-year-olds, you can help improve skin firmness, softness, and tone.
- Cleanse: Start your morning beauty ritual with our Gentle Cleansing Lotion. Created for sensitive skin, this mild lotion removes impurities without stripping your skin, leaving it fresh and lightly moisturized. As your skin ages, it needs gentle yet effective treatment, which begins with this special cleansing formula.
- Tone: The next step is to bring balance to your skin with Clarifying Toner. The cucumber and rose geranium in this formula help reduce redness and pore size while also enhancing skin tone.
- Hydrate: To properly moisturize skin as you age, start with our lightweight Oil-Free Hydrator, followed by Renewing Facial Serum and Nourishing Cream. Our unique Blackberry Complex and additional plant extracts in the Oil-Free Hydrator further enhance skin tone. Renewing Facial Serum is rich in vitamin C and E to nourish your skin, as well as powerful oils to boost moisture and hyaluronic acid to add fullness. Follow these with Nourishing Cream for a silky-soft finish and additional antioxidants that feed skin from within.
- Protect: It’s never too early or too late in life to protect your skin from the aging effects of the sun. Our Radiance CC Cream SPF 30 guards against harmful UVA/UVB rays and should be used daily, regardless of whether the skies are cloudy or clear.
- Cleanse: Use our Gentle Cleansing Lotion at the end of the day to remove makeup, as well as any environmental damage, such as dirt and pollution. You should also use the Dual Action Scrub two or three times each week to give your skin a good yet gentle cleansing. The combination of walnut shell particles and fruit extracts in this scrub remove dullness and give your skin a healthy glow.
- Tone: Always apply the Clarifying Toner to clean skin. It helps even out skin tone and corrects redness as well.
- Hydrate: As you rest and recharge your body, your skin regenerates as well. Feed this process with Renewing Facial Serum and Nourishing Cream that work throughout the night to nourish and moisturize.
Healthy Habits to Boost Skin Health
Along with following this skin-care routine, there are several new habits you can adopt to promote skin health. These habits include
- Using an indoor humidifier
- Avoiding hot showers and baths
- Drinking more water
Try Our Skin Care Routine for Your 40s Today
Aging gracefully means taking better care of your skin by giving it the nourishment it needs with California Pure Naturals’ 40’s skincare routine. Learn more about caring for your skin at every stage of your life when you visit our online store. For questions and additional information, visit our FAQs page or contact a skin-care expert today.