Raspberries have a beautiful rosy glow, and adding them to your skincare routine can give your skin the same rich and supple look. Every berry is full of antioxidants, vitamins, and natural coloring that's healthy for your skin. At California Pure Naturals, we add raspberries and their seeds to many of our products so your skin can be healthy and evenly toned. Keep reading to learn more about why raspberries are one of our favorite skincare ingredients.
What Are Some Raspberry Skin Care Benefits You Can Look Forward To?
Raspberries are unique among fruits and berries for their high concentration of skin and health benefits. These benefits include:
1. A High Oxygen Radical Absorbance Capacity (ORAC)
Oxygen Radical Absorbance Capacities measure how many antioxidants different fruits and berries have. Antioxidants limit the effects of free radicals because they can freely lose an electron without losing their molecular structure or becoming dangerous. Raspberries have an ORAC value of 6058 µmol for every 100 grams, which is one of the highest values in any food family. This means that even a small amount of raspberry can help keep you safer from free radicals, and you can consume them or apply raspberry topically to tap into these antioxidative benefits.
2. Reduce the Signs of Aging
Antioxidants help reverse the damage caused by exposure to free radicals, and a lot of that damage appears as signs of aging: wrinkles, flatter, and more transparent skin, and age spots. Antioxidants can slow down this damage. It can also boost collagen production, which gives your skin more structure. The body naturally produces less collagen over time, and the sooner you start a skin care regimen that can help supplement your skin's natural development, the better.
3. Enjoy Its Anti-Inflammatory Properties
Inflammation makes your skin red, sensitive, and can even make it swollen. But raspberries can reduce inflammation and soothe the skin. Both black and red varieties of raspberries support healthy skin.. Raspberry oil benefits also include reducing redness and irritation. Massaging creams and lotions into your skin can also promote better blood flow and rejuvenate the processes for removing cellular waste below the epidermis.
Try Raspberry-Infused Products from California Pure Naturals
While eating raspberries is the best way to tap into additional benefits, topical treatments of raspberries send the nutrients straight to your skin. Try out these products if you're looking for a way to improve your skin care with natural, organic, and cruelty-free products:
- Nourishing Cream: Our nourishing cream is built to bring moisture back into even the driest skin. This cream has cranberry seed oil, raspberries, and our Blackberry Antioxidant Complex. Incorporate it into your daily skincare routine for smooth, hydrated skin.
- Radiance CC Cream SPF 30: Round out your skincare regimen with sunblock you can trust. This formula uses zinc oxide and raspberries to protect your skin with natural, organic, and vegan ingredients.
- Glow Facial Oil: Our rich facial oil can hydrate your skin and illuminate it for a vibrant, healthy glow. It includes nourishing oils from jojoba, raspberries, and more.
If you want to start a healthy skincare routine but you're not sure where to start, check out our guides for morning and evening skincare routines to get started.